Respecting the privacy rights of our customers is very important to us. We are committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation which came into place on 25th May 2018.
We at The Ridge Bar & Grill respect your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information that you may provide to us or which we may otherwise collect when you communicate with us, and how we may use your information, who we may share it with and how we protect it. We also tell you how you can update your information, unsubscribe from receiving marketing communications from us or change your preferences.
WHO ARE WE?
You know us as The Ridge Bar & Grill. We’re registered under the name Ridge Diners Limited, but you probably know us as The Ridge Bar & Grill. To keep things simple, in this Notice we call ourselves “we”, “us” or ” The Ridge Bar & Grill “. We are responsible (Data Controller) for our website, any newsletters and marketing you’ve signed up for. This Notice describes how we use your data to do this.
What information is collected and how do we obtain it?
In the normal course of our business, we will collect personal information relating to you, such as your name, address, phone number and e-mail address (“Personal Information”) whenever you communicate with us (including by email, phone, SMS, via the website, our apps or otherwise), for example, in the following situations:
- when you book a table, order online or by telephone, dine in, pay a deposit, pay your bill or purchase a voucher for use in one of our restaurants. When you book or order through one of our partners, they may pass your Personal Information (including your name, email address, telephone number and details of your booking) onto us;
- if you choose to participate in market research initiatives or promotional events, complete a questionnaire or competition entry form.
- we operate CCTV to protect our facilities, assets and personnel, and to investigate and prevent any type of incident, like theft or vandalism, accidents, fires, floods and other emergency situations. We balance your privacy rights against our interests by restricting access to the footage and placing cameras in prominent locations.
- if you submit a job application form and/or CV, or otherwise seek employment with us, we will collect your Personal Information (including employment history and qualifications, photo id, and reference contact details and, where required, criminal records checks). You may also choose to give us certain details about a medical condition or disability, religious belief or other sensitive data relevant to your application for employment. We also collect ethnicity data (on a voluntary basis) in order to monitor our adherence to equal opportunities and anti-discrimination laws. Some of the personal information that you provide may include sensitive personal information, such as health-related information when you make a complaint or suffer an incident in one of our restaurants (see above). We need this information to investigate the complaint or incident and (if necessary) report it to health or other authorities, law enforcement agencies, our insurers and any suppliers who may be involved). We may also collect information about the names of others in your party, and any other information needed for the purposes of the investigation.
When you make a reservation or place an order, we will send you occasional direct marketing via email and SMS about similar products and services. We have a legitimate interest in sending you this marketing: to promote our products and services to our customers and to make sure you are aware of the best offers and deals available.
Can I stop receiving direct marketing?
Yes! You are always free to unsubscribe from direct marketing at any time; this will never have an impact on our commitment to provide you with great service and a quality product. To withdraw consent to marketing simply inform us by using the unsubscribe link included on all email and SMS communications.
HOW LONG DO YOU KEEP MY DATA FOR?
We will retain your personal data only for as long as we need it for our legitimate interest in accordance with applicable law, after such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible (for example, because the information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
Below, we describe how long we keep it:
- Marketing information: If you have elected to receive marketing from us, we will retain information about your marketing preferences for three years from the date that you last express interest in our products and services, such as when you last open an email from us. We will retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for 13 months from the date such information was created.
- In-store purchases and online orders: We retain individual records about purchases in our stores for six years after the purchase.
- Customer service: We retain records from any interactions you have with us or our customer service representatives for 6 years from when you last interact with us. If the information you provided us relates to health and safety, we may retain it for longer as required by law.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
We may share your personal information with a purchaser or a potential purchaser of our business. We have a legitimate interest to do this: to assist with the sale or potential sale of our business.
In some circumstances, we may have to disclose your personal information by law, because a court or the police or other legal or regulatory enforcement agency has asked us for it.
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide in a structured, machine readable format. In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement or compelling interest). Where we have asked for your consent, you may withdraw consent at any time. If you ask to withdraw your consent to us processing your data, this will not affect any processing which has already taken place at that time. These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law or have compelling legitimate interests to keep. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to the data protection authority in the country you reside, where you work, where you think the alleged breach is located.
HOW TO CONTACT US